-->

Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD!

Psalm 150:6

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I Knew Her

I knew her.
Or else, I thought I did,
the sharp eyes beneath dark lashes hid,
the nose, the lips the slender form,
expression somber, as a storm.
So frighteningly familiar
did those green eyes seem!
Had I seen them in reality?
Had they haunted me in a dream?
Had we met? Had I seen her afar?
So near to me, and yet distant as a star.
The sad look in her face downcast
Has she some secret sorrow, she has buried in the past?

"Who are you?" I gently touched her face.
She made me no reply as her outline I slowly traced.
Where had she come from? And how could she be?
"I have come from your mind's eye.
Why, you've created me!"
It spoke! thought I, this dead drawing of mine!
A cold chill ran down my spine.
The girl gave me one last blank look,
And hastily I closed my drawing book.

No comments: