-->

Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD!

Psalm 150:6

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Busy Mind

It was night outside the window
and I was snug inside my bed,
as Dark wrapped her arms around me
and likewise flooded my head.
I tossed and turned about,
but I could not sleep a wink.
I tried to put my mind to rest
but all it did was THINK!
I thought of what I did
and thought of what I'll do.
I remembered what I'd forgotten,
and planned my life out too.
I thought of all I could have said
and all I could have done,
I remembered the distance
between the earth and the sun!
If I'd remembered that on the test
my grade could have had a leap...
but it's no time to think of that!
It is time to go to sleep!
I thought of songs that I'd forgotten,
and thought of what I could have drawn.
I'd been thinking for so long
that I thought, "It must be dawn!"
So I thought of all I'd thought of
then I hopped up with a bound,
found a pencil and a paper,
and wrote this poem down.

No comments: