-->

Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD!

Psalm 150:6

Friday, April 18, 2014

The Easter Story Through Mary Magdalene's Eyes

Alas! My Savior is on the cross!
Alas! And now all hope is lost!
I thought He was sincere!
But alas! My heart breaks
with those words I dread to hear.
"He is dead! He is dead!"
The Roman soldiers shout.
His side they pierce
and water and blood gush out.
The temple's veil, it rips straight
down the seams. And people question
what on earth does this mean?
I cry and I weep. For now I feel alone.
They wrap His body
and lay Him behind a stone.

And, lo, three days later
His body is no longer there!
I leave my friends
and run away in sheer despair!
"Come Peter! Come John!"
cry I entering their hiding shack.
"His body! It's stolen! And the stone
has been rolled back!"

Next day, all alone, to His tomb I race.
I cry, and I weep,
and I mope about the place.
When I hear a voice
coming from behind,
"'tis the gardener." thinks I,
though it sounded unusually kind.
"Why do you cry?" He asks,
as I sit upon the floor.
"For my LORD" I reply.
He smiles, "But your Lord
is dead no more." "Mary."
says He. And I merely jump at the sound.
It was the way He said it
that made me turn around.
"My Jesus! You are risen!"
I let out joyful cries.
"Do you not remember that in
three days I said I'd rise?" said
He, looking straight into my eyes.

Many more beheld Him, after He arose.
How many believed Him?
Only the LORD knows.
But soon He had to leave us,
and His apostles the eleven,
so that He could prepare a place
for each of us in Heaven.
And as He rose up higher,
I did not shed a tear,
for my Savior and my Friend
is always very near.

No comments: