-->

Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD!

Psalm 150:6

Thursday, August 21, 2014

All but One

Strip me of all I have
Take my silver take my gold
Make me naked make me cold
Take things that I love best
Put me to the bitter test
Take my health and take my hair
make me hollow make me bare
Take the things that I love most
I have nothing now to boast
But there is One you cannot take
No matter how much you scrip and scrape
You cannot take my God from me
No matter how this carcus be
This body is but my home on earth
It has no value it has no worth
The flesh is not to take along
To Paradise, where I belong
Things on earth they fade away
making clearer, clearer the way
The way to Heaven, no more to roam
to my celestial eternal home.
So take all treasures that I have here
All but ONE, forever near,
forever here,
forever dear.

No comments: