-->

Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD!

Psalm 150:6

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

I flip through the calendar,
I stare at it aghast,
to think that this whole year
has already passed!
To think that this summer,
to think that this spring
has flown over my head as if mounted on wings.
The events of this year,
scrawled on in black,
every second, every moment
won't ever come back.
As through fingers trickle
grain by grain of sand
minutes are passing
I cannot hold with my hands.
Now I look back
Oh how precious they are!
Each darling moment, each memory-
a star-
A star that I'll hang in the sky if my mind
Each year I hang new ones
and in each star I find
a reason to cry,
a reason to smile,
to stop and remember that all of the while
weather tears or laughter,
whatever it be
the good God in heaven has taken care of me!

And may God bless 2015!

No comments: